- Scientifically proven technology: The products are developed in collaboration with several renowned universities and research institutes.
- Effective treatment to control algae: The LG Sonic® system eliminates up to 90% of the current algae and prevents the growth of new algae.
- Chemical-free: Reduce expensive and environmentally unfriendly chemicals.
- Environmentally friendly: Safe solution for fish, plants, zooplankton, and insects which has been tested by various universities and research institutes.
- Chameleon Technology™: change the ultrasonic program according the water conditions, type of algae, and type application.
- Improve the water quality: Make the water look more appealing for recreational purposes.
- Prevent the occurrence of toxic blue-green algae: Toxins from the algae can cause a bad taste and smell to the water and potentially cause diseases.
- Products can be NSF/ANSI Standard 61 certified: Ensure that the products do not release contaminants into the water that could be a health concern.
Using scientifically proven frequencies selectively, LG Sonic targets green and (toxic) blue-green algae. Ultrasound from the right frequency creates a sound barrier in the top layer of the water, reflecting on objects with a different density then water. This affects the buoyancy of many types of algae and prevents algae from floating up to the surface. Read more about the impact of ultrasound on algae.
Cut down chemicals
Chemical based herbicides and algaecides can be substituted by the LG Sonic technology. Together with a low power consumption, maintenance is reduced to minimum as the equipment can incorporate an automatic Aquawiper™ that will clean the ultrasonic transmitter surface.
Cyanobacteria and some other organisms are known to produce toxins and other metabolites like geosmins and MIB in lakes, especially when they are present in high concentrations. The LG Sonic products prevent blooming of the algae and keep them in low concentration without breaking the cell wall. Therefore, toxins are not released into the water when LG Sonic is introduced but instead, the concentration of toxins reduces gradually.
Monitor, Predict and Control Algae with the MPC-Buoy
The MPC-Buoy® is specially designed for large water surfaces and combines online water quality monitoring, web-based software and ultrasound technology to provide the state-of-the-art treatment against algae in lakes, ponds and drinking water reservoirs.
1. Monitor Water Quality
In lakes and bigger ponds the presence of different algae species is in a state of constant change. Therefore it is important to monitor the presence of the current algae species in order to optimize the treatment. Different parameters are used to continuously measure the water quality such as Chlorophyll α (green algae), Phycocyanin (blue-green algae), pH, Turbidity, Dissolved Oxygen, and Temperature.
2. Predict algal blooms
The collected data is delivered in real time via radio, GPRS, or 3G to an online server. Web-based software (MPC-View) allows users to visually follow the water quality and the progress of the ultrasonic treatment. Our employees receive the same real-time water quality data to verify the current status of the lake, modify the ultrasonic program, and prevent new blooms.
3. Control algae
Based on the received information, the ultrasonic program can be activated according to the water conditions and type of algae present. This way, it is possible to eliminate existing algae and prevent the growth of new algae.
Read more about the impact of ultrasound on algae.
Which product do I need?
Depending on the length of the water surface we offer different variations of our products. The table below indicates which product should be applied for an effective treatment.
|Length of the Water Surface||Related products|
|<200 meter (656ft)||LG Sonic® e-line XXL|
|>200-500 meter (>656-1640ft)||MPC-Buoy®|
|>500 meter (>1640ft)||>1x MPC-Buoy®|
How to Install
MPC-Buoy is a modular unit that is easy to assemble and install. Because the construction is light, you only need a small boat to drag the device to the center of the lake, where the unit can be installed and moored.
The flexible arm is designed to make the installation of LG Sonic® products easier. The arm can be adjusted to fit every application and can be extended up to 20 meters. The flexi-arm has the range to move up and down with the water level and can be connected to the shore.
MPC-Buoy in Lake
Improve water quality in lakes, ponds and other large water bodies with the help of a scientifically proven ultrasonic technology for lake algae control. Our lake management services can eliminate up to 90% of existing algae and helps avoid expensive and harmful chemicals that are a hazard to the environment and aquatic life. Our lake restoration service is based on Chameleon Technology™, which means that you can choose ultrasonic programs depending upon the type of algae, water conditions and more.