- State-of-the-art treatment against algae in lakes, ponds and drinking water reservoirs
- Complete sensor package to continuously measure the water quality
- Operates on solar energy, all year round in any country
- Integrated Aquawiper™ for minimal maintenance
How it works
1. Monitor Water Quality
In lakes and bigger ponds the presence of different algae species is in a state of constant change. Therefore it is important to monitor the presence of the current algae species in order to optimize the treatment. Different parameters are used to continuously measure the water quality such as Chlorophyll α (green algae), Phycocyanin (blue-green algae), pH, Turbidity, Dissolved Oxygen, and Temperature.
2. Predict algal blooms
The collected data is delivered in real time via radio, GPRS, or 3G to an online server. Web-based software (MPC-View) allows users to visually follow the water quality and the progress of the ultrasonic treatment. Our employees receive the same real-time water quality data to verify the current status of the lake, modify the ultrasonic program, and prevent new blooms.
3. Control algae
Based on the received information, the ultrasonic program can be activated according to the water conditions and type of algae present. This way, it is possible to eliminate existing algae and prevent the growth of new algae.
Read more about the impact of ultrasound on algae.
Reliable Technology to Control Algae
The MPC-Buoy® is developed in collaboration with several renowned universities and research institutes. Some of the universities and research institutes with whom LG Sonic cooperates with are the University of Portsmouth, UK; University of Catania, Italy; HCMR Institute, Greece.
Safe for the Environment
The ultrasound used by LG Sonic is safe for fish, plants, zooplankton, and insects. Our devices make use of low power (5-20 Watts); therefore, no high voltages are transmitted into the water.
Complete Sensor Package to Continuously Measure Water Quality
The MPC-Buoy® holds a complete sensor package, including the following parameters: Chlorophyll α (green algae), Phycocyanin (blue-green algae), pH, turbidity, dissolved oxygen, and temperature. The data of these parameters combined provide a complete overview of the water quality.
Effective on Large Water Surfaces
The MPC-Buoy® is equipped with three LG Sonic® e-line products to assure complete ultrasound coverage of 360°. The MPC-Buoy has a range of 500 meter.
Hosted Web-Based Software Package to Follow the Progress of the Treatment and Prevent New Blooms
The hosted MPC-View software allows users to visually follow the water quality, the progress of the ultrasonic treatment, and the status of the units. The employees of LG Sonic receive the same real-time water quality data to verify the current status of the lake, modify the ultrasonic program, and prevent new blooms.
Solar-Powered System to Treat Larger Lakes and Bigger Ponds
Current algae control systems require power to be supplied from shore, which reduces the ultrasound coverage range. The MPC-Buoy® is self-supporting of power by using solar energy, which allows the treatment of lakes and bigger ponds.
It is also possible to order the MPC-Buoy® without solar panels, this system is called the MPC-Grid.
Integrated Aquawiper™ for Minimal Maintenance
The MPC-Buoy® is equipped with an automatic cleaning system, the Integrated Aquawiper™, to prevent damage to the transmitter head for minimal maintenance.
Light Construction for Easy Installation
The MPC-Buoy® is a modular unit that is easy to assemble and install. Because the construction is light, you only need a small boat to drag the device to the center of the lake, where the unit can be installed and moored.
- Equipped with three LG Sonic® e-line products to assure complete ultrasound coverage of 360°.
- Treatment range of 500 meter.
- Chameleon Technology™ to change the ultrasonic program based on the type of algae
- Includes the following parameters: Chlorophyll α (green algae), Phycocyanin (blue-green algae), pH, turbidity, dissolved oxygen, and temperature.
- Possible to add extra sensors based on customer needs.
- The buoy allows easy installation of the equipment and easy access while deployed.
- Anti-slip surface to ensure safety
- Can be deployed quick and easy with a small boat
- East to assemble
- Corrosion resistant
- Includes 3x 200WP Solar panels
- Provides power, all year round in any country
- GSM/GPRS Telemetry Quadband (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- CDMA optional
- Radio (UHF/VHF) for communication between several MPC-Buoys
- During low battery voltage automatically powers off ultrasonic transmitters
- Switches to energy-saving program during periods of low sun irradiation
- Overcharge and deep charge regulation to protect equipment
- 3-way communication between the ultrasonic transmitters, water quality sensors and web-based server
- Universal input to customize monitored data
- Integrated alarm functions
Hosted Web-based Software
Web-based software (MPC-View) allows users to visually follow the water quality and the progress of the ultrasonic treatment. Our employees receive the same real-time water quality data to verify the current status of the lake, modify the ultrasonic program, and prevent new blooms.
Please visit www.mpc-view for more information.
MPC-View software allows customers to view the data of their water body in real time. The web-based software receives, summarizes, and publishes data into charts, tables, and spreadsheets on your personal webpage. The MPC-View allows users to follow the progress of algae treatment and the status of the units.
- Data about projects can be added, like the location of deployment and history of algae blooms.
- Reports of the water data can be generated and exported to Excel or converted to PDF format.
Based on the real-time data, ecologists, biologists and technicians from LG Sound verify the current status of a lake or reservoir and modify the ultrasonic program to match the algae present in the water and prevent the formation of new blooms.
Case studies: MPC-Buoy
Monitoring, Predicting, Preventing and Controlling Algae
MPC-Buoy in Lake
MPC-Buoy in Drinking Water Reservoir