Aquaculture, or aqua farming, is the cultivation of aquatic organisms such as fish or shrimps in a controlled environment. Where this happens in a closed water container algae may occur that pollute the water and may damage the organisms grown.
Draining the water container and filling it with fresh water only helps for a short period and might even cause more severe algal problems by shifting the algal population to faster growing algae. This is caused by having disturbed the previous water ecology system present. As algae multiply at very high rates your clear water can literally turn green overnight. The algae are so small that they can pass right through a pond filter or will be accumulating so intensively that they (especially filamentous algae) will cause block your filter. Additional methods are needed.
In addition when there is no aeration available and/or there are too much poisonous algae (cyanobacteria or blue green algae) in the water the health of your fish or other aquatic populations will suffer. Therefore the green water algae can seriously damage the aquatic organisms by poisoning or suffocating them.
After 3 years of research with 4 European universities a product especially developed to solve algae problems and improve water quality in several branches of the aquaculture has finally been developed. This product can solve nearly all algae problems in inland aquaculture and protects fish cages in open sea aquaculture from fouling.
The most environmentally friendly solution to improve the water quality in your fish tanks
Ultrasound waves of specific frequencies are being produced in the electronic box. The LG Sonic technology is the only one who uses the Dc-Mf technology which stands for Dual Core- Multi frequency technology and enables the devices to emit ultrasound of different frequencies at the same time. Theses sound frequencies are emitted into the water by the LG Sonic transducer. By using different sound waves of specific frequencies all types of algae are targeted by bringing them into resonance. When brought in resonance an algal cell will not be able to sustain some compartments within the cell. These effected compartments can damage or even rupture, causing severe stress to the algal cell. The exact reaction of an algal cell to ultrasound depends, amongst others, on the type of algae.
How does the LG Sonic work in your aquaculture installation?
- Existing algae in the reservoir are being reduced. The algae cells will sink to the bottom of the fish tank or can be removed by a filter. New algal growth is being prevented. Overall the LG Sonic establishes a 90% reduction in algae concentration.
- By controlling the growth of cyanobacteria also geosmins, β-cyclocitrol, 2-methylisoborneol and microcystins are being reduced in concentration. Thus less foul odour and taste is given to the organisms cultured.
- Fish and other organisms cultured experience less stress resulting in a slightly heavier fish yield. LG Sonic effectively reduces TSS, BOD, COD and pH. Especially a high TSS often results in stress to the fish and can even lead to death of the fish.
Open sea aquaculture
- The LG Sonic technology is the only ultrasonic technology that is based on many research to the effect of the LG Sonic technology on the biofouling of fishnets in open sea aquaculture.
- Because biofilm is being reduced also the adherence of other organisms is being controlled such as algae and on the long run even clamps.