What is ultrasonic algae control?
Ultrasonic algae control systems from LG Sound, are specific, underwater sound systems, that emit ultrasonic sound waves that destroy algae. Using, scientifically proven frequencies offers the possibility to eliminate many common algae, including the toxic blue-green algae (cyanobacteria) and the biofilm build-up that can cause problems in drinking water and cooling towers. Read more about how it works?
Effective ultrasonic technologies can be used to treat water environmentally friendly and reduce chemical treatment in several different applications.The LG Sonic products are typically found to be useful in industrial water systems such as irrigation tanks, aquaculture basins, cooling towers and (waste) water treatment plants. Other common applications for LG Sonic products are (more or less) stagnant water bodies such as ponds and lakes. Some typical characteristics of ultrasonic algae control are:It can be used to controls different kind of algae.
- It controls biofilm formation.
- It is a one-time investment and does not have consumables.
- Can be compared with additional treatments technologies like UV, Ozone or Bioremediation.
- Is environmentally friendly.
- Has a very low power consumption.
- Is friendly for fish, water plants and insects.
- Is advised to keep in operation continuously : 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Is effective on large water surfaces: over 1.8 Hectares with one device.
- Should cover the complete water surface for effective treatment.
- Is easy to install, maintain and use.