We’re excited to announce an upcoming series of webinars which aims to dive deep into ultrasonic algae control. The virtual seminar series starts on November 11th and will run till December 7th. This is an excellent opportunity to discuss a wide range of topics related to algae control using ultrasound and improving water quality.
The webinars will include case studies from leading water and energy utilities and experienced environmental consultants. Registration is now open and free. If you sign up, you can watch the sessions live or on-demand. You’re invited to join one or all of the following webinars:
- #1: Importance of Data-Driven Water Quality Management
- #2: Ultrasonic Algae Control in Municipal Drinking Water Reservoirs
- #3: Preventive Monitoring & Algae Control: Industrial & Water Re-Use Applications
- #4: How-To Guide for Algae Control
#1: Importance of Data-Driven Water Quality Management
11 Nov | 10am PST, 1pm EST
Algae blooms have become a global challenge, harming people, animals, ecosystems, and businesses worldwide. How do LG Sonic’s monitoring solutions provide a better understanding of the water quality and algae trends in your water? Join this session to find out.
- Learn how to continuously monitor water quality to understand the dynamics of your lake/reservoir
- Learn how algae prediction models work
- Explore customizable water quality monitoring solutions
- Discover new water quality products: phosphate monitoring, vertical profiler, weather station
- Rental & lease options for our technologies
- Kole Peterson – 17+ years of engineering experience in water treatment and industrial applications. Kole is based in Denver, Colorado area
- E.J Neafsey – With 20+ years of experience, EJ assists with customer system design needs on Eastern Seaboard and Canada. He also has extensive experience in utilizing prediction models for water treatment. As data scientist, he’s involved with system analysis
#2: Ultrasonic Algae Control in Municipal Drinking Water Reservoirs
16 Nov | 10am PST, 1pm EST
Until now, drinking water treatment has been focusing on in-plant strategies; taking the quality of the intake water as a given and designing the treatment process accordingly. By implementing a holistic approach, the quality of the intake water improves. As a result, water treatment becomes more sustainable and stable.
- Listen & learn from current users of our MPC-Buoy system in drinking water applications
- Current users will discuss their experiences with our system, including customers with 3+ years experience with it
- Topics discussed will include EPA cyanotoxin limits, chemical savings, ROI, and water quality monitoring
- Large devotion of time for Q&A for your specific questions
- [Case studies]: Ramey Environmental Compliance & City of Archie
- Moderators: Greg Eiffert – Director LG Sonic US, and EJ Neafsey – Chief Water Quality Specialist
- Wayne Ramey from Ramey Environmental Compliance will discuss 2 reservoirs that he have the MPC Buoys deployed in Colorado
- Rick Blundel from City of Archie, MO will share his experience with the MPC Buoy in their municipal drinking water reservoir this year
#3: Preventive Monitoring & Algae Control: Industrial & Water Re-Use Applications
30 Nov | 10am PST, 1pm EST
Do you have high nutrient water? Are pH and TSS a concern for discharge? Warm, stagnant, and nutrient-rich water creates the ideal conditions for algae to grow. In industrial ponds, lagoons, and towers, algae directly influence pH, TSS, and BOD levels, making water discharging difficult and risking compliance with strict government regulations.
- Current users will discuss their application and success with the MPC-Buoy technology
- How to monitor and set alerts for out of range water quality parameters
- How controlling algae helps keep pH and TSS levels in check
- Dedicated Q&A session for your specific questions related to solving algae problems
- Case study: NIPSCO settling pond application
- Case study Vallecitos Water District water re-use application
- Moderator: Kole Peterson – 17+ years of engineering experience in water treatment and industrial applications. Kole is based in Denver, Colorado area
- Brian Snyder – Senior Chemical & Environmental Compliance Specialist at NIPSCO. Brian has 5 MPC Buoys in place for 3 years and is now adding another MPC Buoy and our new Weather Station to a second reservoir
- Dawn McDougle – Wastewater Treatment Plant Supervisor at Vallecitos Water District. Dawn is a wastewater treatment plant supervisor with 30 years of experience in the water treatment industry
#4: How-To Guide for Algae Control
7 Dec | 10am PST, 1pm EST
LG Sonic’s ultrasonic treatment is suitable for a wide range of applications and environmental conditions. During this webinar we’ll explain how you can easily integrate LG Sonic ultrasound into your current treatment strategies.
- Why is algae becoming such a big challenge? What can you do to mitigate this problem?
- Is ultrasound right for your reservoir/lake? How do you size the MPC-Buoy system?
- What information is needed to determine if this is the right fit for your water body?
- What and where should you monitor?
- Through which KPIs will you assess project success?
- Moderator: E.J. Neafsey – With 20+ years of experience, EJ assists with customer system design needs on Eastern Seaboard and Canada. He also has extensive experience in utilizing prediction models for water treatment. As data scientist, he’s involved with system analysis.
- Lisa Maria Brand – CTO & Microbiologist at LG Sonic. Lisa’s passion lies with smart technologies that solve pressing environmental issues in a sustainable way.
All webinars will conclude with a Q&A session. Once registered, you will receive the recording and slides.