Monitor, predict & control algal blooms. Designed for large water bodies.
All-in-one algae control
Treating algae blooms
Stay compliant with harsh EPA and governmental regulations and permits. Our ultrasonic devices eliminate up to 95% of existing algae, predict new blooms up to 10 days before they start, and significantly improve water quality.
- Treatment range: up to 800m/2600ft in diameter
- Multiple buoys can be installed for large water surfaces.
- Lowers pH, TSS, and BOD
- Reduces chemical consumption
- Results within 3 weeks
Monitoring water quality
Know which algae species are causing problems, and the specific characteristics of your water body. You get a complete overview of your water quality by collecting the following parameters every 10 minutes:
- Chlorophyll α (green algae)
- Phycocyanin (blue-green algae)
- Dissolved oxygen
The MPC-Buoy can be assembled within 2-4 hours. Typically, 3 people can assemble one buoy.
Fast & easy installation
After the assembly, the buoy is ready to be deployed. You can drag it into the water by boat. It needs to be anchored in place to ensure a stationary position.
Applied across industries
For raw, industrial, and irrigation reservoirs, lakes, dams, cooling ponds and towers, aquaculture ponds, wastewater treatment plants, power plants, settling ponds, crystal- and wastewater lagoons.
We’ve perfected ultrasonic algae control
ROI of 1.8 years compared to chemicals
Reduction of operating expenses in the first year
Reduction in chemicals usage in the reservoir
Resistant to extreme weather conditions
- Durable, stormproof design
- Resistant to extreme heat, cold temperatures, even at high altitudes or in desert conditions
- No need to take the buoy out during wintertime
Remotely operated by us
- Our dedicated Customer Support monitors and operates the MPC-Buoys remotely when needed
- If there are changes in your water quality, they’ll immediately adjust the ultrasonic programs to ensure optimal algae control
Safe and convenient maintenance
- Maintenance needed every quarter
- No need to bring the buoy back to shore. All components are reachable by boat, ensuring the safety of your staff
- Automatic cleaning system guarantees ultrasound efficiency, significantly reducing maintenance time, costs, and labor
Smart communication system
- 4G, Satellite, LAN
- Real-time water quality data with the MPC-View software
- Integrated alarm functions
- 3x 200 Wp high quality solar panels that provide power all year-round in any country
- 1x 24 Volt, 40 AMP lithium battery
- Switches to energy-saving program during periods of low sun irradiation
4 ultrasonic transmitters
- Treatment range: 800m/2600ft in diameter
- Integrated Aquawiper™: automatic cleansing system for the transmitters
- Chameleon Technology™ adjusts the ultrasonic program to specific water conditions
Anchored floating buoy construction
- Aluminium powder coated frame
- UV and corrosion resistant construction
- Unsinkable floats
Complete sensor package
- In-situ water quality sensors to provide real-time data
- Monitors DO, turbidity, pH, chlorophyll α, phycocyanin, redox, and temperature
- Automatic antifouling wiper ensures optimal readings
View your water quality data anytime, anywhere
Once you purchase the MPC-Buoy, you get access to the MPC-View, our online water quality monitoring software. Designed to be user-friendly. Provides a complete picture of your water body at every monitored location.
With the MPC-View, you gain valuable real-time insights into water quality, algae growth trends, and treatment progress. You can create specific rules that will trigger an email alert when pre-determined parameters are breached.
Join 100+ clients Trusting LG Sonic
2188mm (l) x 2540mm (w) 860mm (h)
200kg (excl. anchor)
- Polyethylene buoy
- Anodized aluminum
- Closed-cell polyurethane foam
- Buoyancy capacity 285 kg
- PV module: 3x 200Wp solar panels
- 40Ah battery
- Iridium Satellite (optional)
- GPS (optional)
- 1 x RS485 port
- 1 SDI-12 input
- 3X RS232
Water quality sensors
- Chlorophyll a
- Dissolved Oxygen
- It is possible to add additional sensors to the water quality sensor package.